Friday, March 19, 2010

Why I love MOPS

I remember attending my first MOPS meeting last year. I didn't know what to expect. I was nervous, scared and excited. Would they like me? Would I like it? Will I fit in? My husband and I had begun attending Calvary last March. I had heard about MOPS from a close friend who lost her husband to cancer in 2006. She said her Mops family helped her and her kids through the toughest time in her life. She said some of her best friends she has made through MOPS so I decided to give it a try. What could be better than to meet other moms, to share stories, faith and make new friendships? That's what I was hoping for. To know that I am not alone in struggling to be a good parent, one that God would approve of. Am I too strict? Am I too lenient? Am I doing this right? Do I overreact? Worry too much? (And yes, by the way, I do! I am working on that one) Am I a good mom? A good wife? A good daughter and friend? Are my boys' behaviors normal? I wanted to share my experiences too with others who might have the same questions. I already had many wonderful, loving friends before joining MOPS now God has blessed me with so many more. My expectations were beyond what I could imagine. I have met the most kind, warm-hearted, selfless women here at MOPS. I am so happy to be a part of this group. I look forward to our meetings, to see my friends and have 'me' time. I have made many wonderful friendships here and I feel loved and like I belong here. I can be my goofy, real self here.  So I want to thank all of you wonderful ladies for welcoming me. This is why I love MOPS!


Julie Sherman table #2

No comments:

Post a Comment