Wednesday, January 20, 2010

There will be a day....

On Monday night, while driving home from GNO, I was listening to Spirit 105.3 the radio station and the president of World Vision was speaking about the damage that has been done in Haiti.  Now, to be honest, I don't have cable and only explore email, Facebook and USMagazine.com online so I had no idea there was even an earthquake until at least a day after it had happened. Lame, I know. 

Normally when I learn of disasters of the sort I feel, like some of you may feel, very detatched from the situation. I can't fully wrap my brain around the devestation they are feeling because I have never experienced such a tramatic event. For that, I am grateful!   I have to feel it, experience it and go through it in order for my brain and heart to envelope the depth of their pain.  This time was different.

I heard "Some children were sleeping next to the courpses of their mother or father." and "Children were just walking around in the streets crying because they had lost their families and had no idea where to go and who to turn to."  When I heard both of these statements shared by the president of World Vision my heart broke. I cannot even imagine if my Patrick (3) and Jaden (1) were abandoned, crying, lost, scared and alone.  If Matt and I were plucked from their lives early and the world they knew was in rubble form, where would they turn?  Who would be there to protect them, to wipe their tears, meet their needs, shelter them from the pain of life?

After sharing a list of things that WV is doing to support such children as I mentioned above, he called all of God's people to pray;  to pray for those children (and all the others) devestated by this horrific event.  Prayer changes everything...he knows it, I know it and if you have layed your heart bare before Jesus and He has answered your prayers, you know it too!  We may not be able to pour out a financial abundance or even pack up our little family and travel into their pain and help them make a new way but we can pray, which opens up God's power and authority, love and provision upon HIS children.  "Send down manna from heaven for them! Meet their needs! Speak peace to those children! Give them hope!"  I have to trust He can, He will and He is!

Until we see it with our eyes we too can have hope that...."There will be a day..." by Jeremy Camp

I try to hold on to this world with everything I have



But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that trys to grab


The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth,


that we will enter in this rest with wonders anew





But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings


That there will be a place with no more suffering





There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears


There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face


But until that day, we’ll hold on to you always





I know the journey seems so long


You feel your walking on your own


But there has never been a step


Where you’ve walked out all alone





Troubled soul don’t lose your heart


Cause joy and peace he brings


And the beauty that’s in store


Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting





I can’t wait until that day where the very one I’ve lived for always will wipe away the sorrow that I’ve faced


To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery this is why this is why I sing….





There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears


There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face





There will be a day, He’ll wipe away the stains, He’ll wipe away the tears, He’ll wipe away the tears…..there will be a day.
 
Sara

2 comments:

  1. I work for Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF) and we have people in Haiti sharing the Gospel with children. Thankfuly our staff and employees are all safe, some with injuries but all are alive. They have lost many friends and family members though and some have not received water and food. But they are praising God and ministering to those around them. Christ will be glorified and I believe many will come to know Him through this tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard this, too, on the way home from GNO. It was difficult for me to keep driving while crying and praying like that. I just kept imagining Sam in that position. Our church is connected to Compassion International in Haiti and I can't wait to see and hear stories of how our financial help and prayers have effected change in hearts there, though we may have to wait until glory to really see the work Jesus did.

    ReplyDelete